4.15.2011

pre.painting

Regina Spector - Us puts me in an artsy, painting mood. And reminds me of 500 Days of Summer. Great movie.


For Christmas, I wanted a huge canvas to paint something abstract on that I could eventually see going above my couch in my contemporary|eclectic|whimsy someday apartment. I've never painted anything that was extremely abstract minus doodles and small studies for architorture class. I have only begun painting on this bad boy, and it's pretty difficult. Putting the first line of oil paint on made me super nervous. The more layers of paint the better, so I'm hoping it will turn out the way it should eventually! But for now, I'm only going to show you the pre-painting, my little feline artist assistant, and my inspiration for colors, shapes, and proportions via photographs I took in Italy [Cinque Terre, Italy coastal town + Sorrento, Italy lemon tree seascape]. 



Look closely, and you can see the outline of Mt. Vesuvius in the background of the lemon tree picture! One of my fave shots of the entire trip!

Check back later to see the finished product: post.painting.





2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the post.painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you going to be painting a view from one of your pictures?

    ReplyDelete